Saturday, September 17, 2011

I think I need a make-over...


 It's time to de-frump, if that's a word or verb or adverb...I don't know, whatever it is, I need to make some changes.  A long summer of 100+ temps and lazy days haven't been good for me.  I've been hanging around, not doing much with my hair or make-up or clothes.  I feel like I sit in my jammies or jammie-like clothes most days.  And lately, I've become very unproductive, sort of sitting and watching TV, playing on the computer and being a big slacker.  I need to change!

If you remember, last week, I was sort of poking fun at The Today Show and the piece they did on back-to-school style for moms.   Now I'm wondering if I maybe need a little bit of that in my life?  Pulling myself together every day, even if I'm not going anywhere, is probably something I should do.  This is going to require me getting up earlier, but it should make me feel better, right?  Might be worth a shot.

OK, so if I'm going to do this, I think it's going to require baby steps.  I need to do mini-projects to slowly, but not too slowly, become de-frumpified. Since it's almost noon and I'm dressed for the day, frumpy-style, maybe I'll do a once over in my closet and toss or donate clothes that really shouldn't be in my closet.  Step two...hmmmm, what should step two be?  Ideas?

No comments: