Monday, November 26, 2012

say cheese...

Every year I try to get GQ's pictures taken.  Most of the time I've taken him for professional portraits, but this year, I thought I'd try my hand at it.  I love (LOVE) candid shots and I have a pretty fancy DSLR camera (which I'm only certain how to work about 10% of it) so, why not try them myself.  We had a beautiful fall November weekend, mild temperatures and sun...perfect for pictures!

My little bug is quite the little stinker, getting a smile that doesn't look too contrived is next to impossible.  Reason #1 why I love candid photo shoots, no posing (well, maybe a little) but just having fun and snapping pictures.  I got about 20 good pictures that I loved, too hard to narrow down which to put on our holiday card.  About 75% of the shots don't capture a smile.  At least not a traditional smile, just my ornery bug being himself...full of life and love and fun!  Those are my favorite kinds of smiles.

Hope you enjoy a few of my shots:






No comments: