Wednesday, November 7, 2012

trash to treasure...


So it wasn't really trash, but it definitely needed some TLC.  I took our TV console that we paid a lot of money for and gave it a new life.  The console got a bit dinged, along w/some of our other pieces, in our move, and they weren't good dings that gave it character, so I fixed them.

Our family room can be a bit on the dark side, so I added some lightness with this piece.  This is probably the biggest piece I've given new life to.  I'm learning new things each time I take on a project.  I'm learning tricks to make the process quicker and easier and I'm learning that imperfection makes it perfection for what I had in mind.

This piece was originally an espresso color.  The doors had the colored pattern on them, which I liked and decided to keep, the rest was going to be changed.  I sanded, primed, painted two coats, roughed up the edges and then waxed.  Easy-peasy!

I'm now in love again with my TV console.  And I'm finding lots of reasons to not buy new furniture when there is so much you can do with paint!

No comments: