Sunday, April 21, 2013

living with OCD, not me...

The title of my husband's blog, if he wrote one, would be about my OCD issues.

I am not OCD.

I am particular.  I do like order.  Organization and symmetry.  I also like clean, all the time. 

I know, it's just not possible, especially now that I am working full time.  When I was a stay-at-home mom I prided myself in my clean, organized house.  Nowadays, I'll take picked up.

I can't say that it doesn't bother me not having the house as tidy, dust-free and freshly-vacuumed as I'd like, but my husband also has a job to do and can't get to the cleaning like I would like. 

My husband does work from a home office though, which is nice, he can pick up and do chores through the course of the day.  But he just doesn't see the clutter, the mess that I see. Shoes scattered about the living room, work papers in various piles, an empty soda can from lunch sitting on the ottoman....those aren't "clutter" or "mess" to him.  It's not a mess until he can't find something or trips on something. 

We're so different when it comes to clutter. 

If I had my way, a lot of stuff would be donated, shredded or trashed.  My husband likes to hang onto things a bit more, even if we don't have a place for it.  Luckily, that's about his only fault..or my only fault, depending on which side of the clutter you are. 

As much as I try to keep my husband in order, it's just not rubbing off on him or his habits.  He's stubborn.  Good thing he has me, and my OCD to keep him contained. 



No comments: