Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Happy Birthday Dr. Seuss!


"A person's a person, no matter how small"

"Adults are just obsolete children, and the hell with them."

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."

"Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened."

-- Dr. Seuss

Today is Dr. Seuss' birthday! GQ's class has been learning about Dr. Seuss all week. Of course most of the kids know Dr. Seuss and his numerous childrens books, but this week they were doing fun projects that go along with his books. We've been celebrating at home, too, reading some from his collection that GQ has yet to read and I have sort of forgotten about. It was fun to reread The Lorax...a great message in that book! It's been fun to enjoy Dr. Seuss and his fantasy and nonsense words along with GQ!

To help the class celebrate I made Cat in the Hat cupcakes for today. So fun to make and the kids loved them! I dropped them off this morning and the kids were ready to dig in, but they made it to lunch time. The kids were so cute, thanking me for the treat...I'm not certain if they liked the cupcake or the topper more. They paraded from the cafeteria to their classroom holding their toppers like they were carrying flags.

** Crafting note **
I have been very busy scrapping. I probably have 50 pages to take pictures of and put into scrapbooks. I was going to start the process a few weeks ago but realized I only have a few more layouts to go and I'll have all my pictures caught up, so I'm going to wait till that's done before I start posting.


No comments: