Wednesday, April 14, 2010

All about me today

Yesterday was my 1/2 birthday...6 more months and it's one more year closer to 40. I still have a few years, but it's approaching. I'm not afraid of it, I think I'm a better me than I've ever been. I enjoy my life and don't feel old, until I think about random bits of info, like I've been old enough to drive longer than I have not. :)

In my search for the fountain of youth, I'm finding there isn't one. LOL! Actually, I am my own fountain of youth. Deep, huh? Not really. Just realizing, finally, that I'm the only thing that is going to keep me young. This past year has been full of changes that have helped me be a better me and feel and look better. I became a vegetarian, I took up running (more like jogging) and I've found more simple, natural products for me.

So my face has always been temperamental. I've been through a couple different moisturizers this past year and switched make-up. Everything has been for the better. Still doesn't stop those occasional, evil adult pimples from making their appearance, but my skin loved my moisturizer and make-up. Then...THEN I added one more product to my daily routine. Drum roll...coconut oil! Yes, coconut oil that you buy at the grocery store, in the cooking oil aisle. I use it and I slather it on my face, every night before bed, I layer it on. You wouldn't believe how soft and better my skin is because of it! A very good friend of mine gave me a sample of it; her family uses it in place of typical lotions. I started out just applying it to my face at night and was impressed with how soft my skin became. The adult acne (acne, such a gross word) lessened (WOOT!) I'm hooked!

The weather has been warm here in SC for a bit now and it's flip-flop season...my favorite! I decided to try coconut oil on my feet, it's awesome! I slather it on before bed and my feet look great. My toes could use a pedicure, but no dry or callused skin; my heels are pretty soft and healthy looking. I've also started using it as a general moisturizer out of the shower. I'm telling you, it's good stuff! A word of warning...if your family puppy is anything like mine, she'll try to lick the oil off as fast as I put it on if she's around. I try to make sure she's not close when doing my feet, otherwise I have to fight her off. LOL!

You probably think I'm crazy, but I'm telling you, you should try it! I've read that it's a great remedy for skin issues like eczema and psoriasis. I don't have them, I can't attest to that claim, but worth a shot if you're suffering. There are websites out there and book, too, that have pages/lists full of ways and why coconut oil is good for you. I don't know any more than what I've experienced myself, but it's worth a google.

I'm sure I've bored you, but wanted to share. Just thought it was pretty amazing in this day with all the fancy products out there, something so simple has had some pretty awesome results for me.

One last thing...today is my little GQ's 1/2 birthday, he can officially say he's 5 1/2! My gosh, 5 1/2, when did get old enough to care about that 1/2? I think he thinks that 1/2 makes him taller, that's why he's so excited. Happy 1/2 birthday GQ, I love you!


4 comments:

Jenny O. said...

I use it too, for my arms! Good stuff...

1 Crafty Gal said...

Face it chicky, you are OLD! LMAO! And...this picture of the coconut makes me want an Almond Joy. Man, I'm screwed up today. :)

Tonya A said...

sometimes you feel like a nut! LOL!

paula :: plays with mud said...

MUST try this. Happy 1/2 birthday to you and GQ