Monday, September 1, 2008

The End of Summer...


Not really, but when I was a kid Labor Day was pretty much the end of my summer...the closing of pools, heading back to school, etc... Since GQ isn't in school yet and we're living in the warm south vs. Ohio, pools are open a bit longer, we're still wearing shorts and enjoying the high 80's along with a good amount of humidity, it just doesn't feel like the end of summer.

We do get to take advantage of all the end of summer clearance sales though and we can still wear what we buy, not store it for next summer. GQ found a great new pair of flip-flops yesterday at the mall and they were on sale...$25 flip-flops for $15! Woo hoo! (not that exciting for you, I'm sure, but we're a shoe family) They are just like daddy's! Everything has to be just like daddy these days. It's so cute to see the two of them dressed alike because GQ is pretty much a 3ft version of the husband! Some wonder how I remain sane in a house with two crazies! LOL!


Hope you enjoy your Labor Day festivities! And happy end of summer!


3 comments:

1 Crafty Gal said...

Bite me with your little 80 temps! Here in OHIO we have upper 90's and 87% humidity. So...I WIN! ROFL!

Stockpiling Mom said...

I love a great deal!

Anonymous said...

At first I thought it was Daddy! Looks just like his sandals! I'm sure GQ is thrilled! Love, GQZ grammy