Friday, February 22, 2008

Friday Sketch Time Again...




Can't believe how quickly this week has flown by. I didn't get much done in the way of card making, but we had house guests and that's my excuse. Although they (my in-laws) played with the kiddo, kept him very busy the entire visit; I just didn't take advantage of my free time like I could/should have. I really could have done more. I did manage to get about six scrapbook layouts done, just not any cards.


Well, I can't say that I didn't get any cards done, I did make two. These are both for the Friday Card Sketch Challenge at Memory Book Inspirations. I wanted to try a card with only a layer or two, so that's what I did with my flower card. I always add and add some more, so I challenged myself to not add so much. The glitter design on the cardstock was done with Stickles and my Dots All Around Template...so many cool and different things you can do with that template! And the doggy card was fun to make! I haven't used a SU! set that hasn't seen dayligh in a while. I randomly punched holes in the red cardstock strip to thread the ribbon and then stapled down. I applied that strip with pop dots so I doubled up the pop dots on the stamped image so it laid nicely over that strip. I really like the final product!


Click here if you'd like to see the card sketch and participate in our Friday Card Sketches. Once completed, be sure to up load it to the gallery and link to the Card Sketch thread.

1 comment:

Stockpiling Mom said...

Oh I love the doggie card! How cute for a birthday gift or party invitation! Love it!