Sunday, February 24, 2008

A couple challenges that I've completed




There are lots of little challenges going on over at MBI. I never really did challenges but I have to say that I've really been loving them and it's been a HUGE help in keeping me motivated to stay current with my scrapbooking and card making.


The first card I made for a challenge where we had to stamp on chipboard or grungeboard. I choose to use grungeboard. To start I painted the grungeboard stars yellow...about three coats. Then I stamped a heart on them using white pigment ink. I gave it a hit with my heat gun to make sure the inks and paint were all dry before working with. I really didn't know what I was going to do with them and then it hit me...a star is born. I just got a new K&Co paper pack that had the perfect baby paper to use. It all sort of fell together w/out much planning. I'm thrilled w/the way it came out! It's one of my favorite cards yet!


The second card is for an embossing party challenge. We had to do tone-on-tone heat embossing. I used the tone on tone on the yellow cardstock background. I did add some Stickles to the flames for a little extra pop and because I used lots of them up on the cake image. (If you don't know it by now, I heart Stickles!)


Hope you like...thanks for looking!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The star card is definitely one of your best! No wonder GQ is so talented too!! love, gqzgranny