Thursday, April 5, 2012

a new chapter...

My photo a day challenge didn't work out like I had planned.  I thought I could make it all the way through to the end of the month, but it just didn't work out.  Crazy life happenings got in the way and pictures didn't get taken.  I will try this again though, when life calms a bit.

Why is life crazy?  Because it's currently boxed up and on a truck from the west coast making it's way to Ohio.  We've moved over GQ's spring break back to Ohio, back to family and friends, back to cold weather and rain.  I would say I love rain, because I do and I missed it living in the desert, but the welcome rain we received included hail, and I'm not a fan of hail.  I like a nice steady rain, preferably when it's warm and I can sit and enjoy the smell and sound.

The move has been good, but we're still figuring things out...finding that something we thought would be fine on the moving truck might have been better in our suitcase, but what can you do?  Nothing really, except wait for the moving truck to arrive.  GQ is missing his Legos but enjoying grandma and grandpa and knowing that we get to see more family on Sunday!  And all the stuff GQ is missing now will seem like a big box of new stuff when it arrives and he unpacks...exciting all over again.

Being close to family is going to be an adjustment of sorts for us, but it's going to be a good one!  Since we've been a family we've always lived at least two hours in the car away, if not states and time zones away.  It's something I've been looking forward to and I think GQ, too.  Hubby is going to miss the warmer temps a bit, he seriously dislikes Ohio winters, but hoping next winter is as mild as what they had this year.  And hubby being close to his sports cities should make the pain of winter's bitter-cold wind a little less painful.

Tomorrow begins the unpacking phase, then Wednesday begins GQ's new school.  Lots of excitement and change going on.  And with family so close now, I would like to get back to working, so a job search begins, too.  I miss working but loved the seven years I had at home with my bug.  Worth every sacrifice we made.

And so we begin, a new chapter in life...

No comments: