- Sometimes I'll look at my watch three consecutive times and still not know what time it is. Sometimes that clock is digital and I still look at it three times and don't know what I saw.
- Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you're wrong. Happens with the husband all the time. I try to just change the subject and move on...
- I totally take back all those times I didn't want to nap when I was younger. And I remind G.Q. how he will one day wish he could take a nap!
- There is great need for a sarcasm font. Yes.
- How the hell are you supposed to fold a fitted sheet? Martha Stewart has a way, but I don't like her so I'm not going to learn it.
- Was learning cursive really necessary? Not really. Although I do use a print/cursive mix when I write...grading on handwriting isn't necessary. I always rec'd bad grades in it because I couldn't slant properly...the horror!
- Map Quest really needs to start their directions on # 5. I'm pretty sure I know how to get out of my neighborhood. Agree.
- Obituaries would be a lot more interesting if they told you how the person died.
- I can't remember the last time I wasn't at least kind-of tired.
- Bad decisions make good stories.
- You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day. Usually comes right after morning coffee :)
- Can we all just agree to ignore whatever comes after Blue Ray? I don't want to have to restart my collection...again. Remember LaserDisc?
- I'm always slightly terrified when I exit out of Word and it asks me if I want to save any changes to my ten-page technical report that I swear I did not make any changes to.
- I keep some people's phone numbers in my phone just so I know not to answer when they call. I list them under Wrong Number1, Wrong Number2, etc...
- I think the freezer deserves a light as well.
- I disagree with Kay Jewelers. I would bet on any given Friday or Saturday night more kisses begin with Miller Light than Kay.
- I wish Google Maps had an "Avoid Ghetto" routing option. I have to admit, I've needed that option a time or two...or three.
- I have a hard time deciphering the fine line between boredom and hunger.
- How many times is it appropriate to say "What?" before you just nod and smile because you still didn't hear or understand a word they said?
- I love the sense of camaraderie when an entire line of cars team up to prevent a jerk from cutting in at the front. Stay strong, brothers and sisters!
- Shirts get dirty. Underwear gets dirty. Pants? Pants never get dirty, and you can wear them forever.
- Even under ideal conditions people have trouble locating their car keys in a pocket, finding their cell phone, and Pinning the Tail on the Donkey - but I'd bet everyone can find and push the snooze button from 3 feet away, in about 1.7 seconds, eyes closed, first time, every time.
Monday, November 21, 2011
22 adult truths...
I stole this from a friend on Facebook, because it's funny...and a lot of it is true!