Sunday, January 17, 2010

Holy Toledo!

I just realized we're 1/2 way through January and I haven't crafted one bit. I don't know where the time has gone. I packed up all crafty stuff in October to prepare for our home purchase and move. It's been unloaded into pretty storage and a room is all ready for me to get scrappy but I'm finding that I can't find the time. Where is it going?

Lots of stuff has happened since we bought the house. We got a dog, probably the main time suck. She's adorable and a puppy so keeps us on our toes. Macy is our pooch and she's learning her manners and house-trained so quickly and easily. It was sort of like adding a child to our household though, lots of changes for everybody, including a little jealousy from GQ. So between the puppy, the move and all the changes that GQ had with the new house...boy was it interesting! We seemed to be moving more like a well-oiled machine now and routines are down pat and GQ has overcome the jealousy and is more a normal 5 y/o now. He's even loving his room and sleeps in it nightly...something we weren't sure of initially.

So, what do I do with my days? Clean! Paint, sometimes. Clean! Play with GQ and try to sneak in a little lesson here and there. Not an easy task, I have to be very sneaky ;) Afternoons seem to be the perfect time to craft but right now GQ and his friends sometimes end up playing here, inside if the weather is cold or damp. Once the weather is always sunny it will be much easier to send him on his way with friends and sit down to scrap. I promise, soon I will have sometime to show. I can't wait to get back into the swing of things. I need to start brainstorming so I have a list of what I want to get done and create so when the moment arrives, I'm good to go.

Stay tuned...

2 comments:

paula :: plays with mud said...

I'd really like a monthly craft night - get a group of us together and pick something to focus on each month. I need to schedule the time or it falls by the wayside

Tonya A said...

That sounds like an awesome idea Paula! I'd totally love to schedule time each month for that...after March 15 & 16 I'm good to do anything! Jason sits for his board exam then and studying non-stop is over! woo hoo!