Saturday, May 2, 2009

Butterfly Wedding Cake

A month or so ago I saw this Martha Stewart Wedding magazine cover and was in love with the cake. It was simple and beautiful and the colors spray of butterflies...gorgeous!


I was commissioned to make a wedding card recently and wanted to do something different, something I hadn't tried before. I decided to use Martha Stewart's cake as my inspiration.





I cut the cake free form, added a little texture with my Cuttlebug embossing plates and added ribbon for a little extra detail. I cut some butterflies with scraps of patterned paper that coordinated nicely together and added a little bling on their bodies. I'm really proud of myself with this card! I love it's dimension and detail...

elements:
cardstock: Papertrey Ink - kraft and white, Bazzill
patterned paper: 3 Bugs in a Rug, Basic Grey
ribbon: Michael's
bling: Hero Arts


4 comments:

1 Crafty Gal said...

STFU!!!! This is sooooo gorgeous!!! I totally needed this card yesterday for the wedding I went to. YOU SO ROCK!

And along comes three... said...

Gorgeous card....very talented!

paula :: plays with mud said...

I can't wait to give it to her. I haven't finished her gift yet, even though the wedding was Friday. ha! Thanks for the beautiful card!

1CardCreator said...

Beautiful cards, I love the butterflies in different papers. You did a really nice job on this card.