Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Time for the thank-you cards...



The Christmas tree is down, the garbage and recycle trucks have taken shredded wrapping paper and the ridiculous amounts of toy packaging away. Now it's time to write the thank-you notes! This is my favorite part because I get to make them before I write them.

I wasn't feeling it when I sat down to make the cards this afternoon. I grabbed my color wheel and used it as my color inspiration. It chose the light blues, yellows and pink for me. (not sure why my yellow paper is looking so goldish in the picture, its really much softer and closer to being pastel) I decided to continue with the penguin theme I started using with the gift tags to make the thank-you notes. Mr. Penguin is so cute and I just love paper piecing his scarf and hat to give it a little pop and texture. It also gives me a reason to use my liquid applique to make his hat poofy.

All that's left to do is wait for my picture order of GQ with his new gifts to toss in the cards. All our family is out of town, this gives them a chance to see GQ open their gift even though they weren't here with us.


2 comments:

1 Crafty Gal said...

Oh my GOODNESS!!! This is too stinkin cute!!!!

Stockpiling Mom said...

So cute! Beats my cards for sure! Peyton had a blast writing his name and drawing pictures in each of his thank you cards this year! :-)