Friday, October 10, 2008

Pretty paper butterflies...


A couple weeks ago my friend Paula created an Etsy treasury that was selected for display. All the items in the treasury were made by South Carolina artisans. I was immediately drawn to the paper butterflies included in the treasury...I had to have them, I knew exactly what I would do with them, so I bought them! They were created by beachcottagestudio, I loved all the goodies in her shop but contained my excitement over paper to the butterflies...but check out her shop when you have time, she has lots of beautiful things for sale.

Here is what I created with my butterflies, it's an 8x8 shadow box picture frame. I cut a piece of cardstock to fit and adhered all my little butterflies with some dimensional adhesive and popped into the frame. I just love it! I want to buy three more sets and do a row of them over my bed. It's so simple and so pretty. (sorry about the green towel reflection in the picture, but it's the best shot I could get...all the others had my head and camera in the reflection, too.)


Have a great weekend!

3 comments:

paula :: plays with mud said...

That is such a clever idea. I might have to do that for the kid's bathroom. They look adorable!

gqzmommy said...

Thank you!

Target has the frames, 12x12 and 8x8, I used the 8x8...I think it was about $12.

Want to hear something totally cool? Beach Cottage Studio featured my project on their blog. I was so flattered!

1 Crafty Gal said...

Now that's a great idea. Those are beautiful!