Sunday, July 13, 2008

Christmas in July


Want to get a jump start on your Christmas cards this year? Or do you have pictures lying around from Christmas(s) past that your really want to get scrapped? It's Christmas in July at Memory Book Inspirations this month and they have a calendar of events planned to help inspire you to be creative each day.

Yesterday's Christmas in July challenge was to make a Christmas/Holiday card using non-traditional colors. The card I made also happened to fit a challenge that my friend, Karie, created for her Stamping and More board. It sort of killed two birds with one stone for me. I used a very easy design on this card so it could easily be done assembly-line style. And used minimal embellishments to avoid and additional postage charge. The ribbon is organdy and is perfect for cards that are going into the mail because they don't get bulky when you tie knots and poke out of the envelope. The buttons I used are flat backed so they adhered down nicely and shouldn't add to postage either.

Have a wonderful week!

3 comments:

Stockpiling Mom said...

I love it! I love Christmas shopping year round and I am more than 1/2 way done with my shopping already :-) I even have gifts wrapped. Is that sick?

Melissa

1 Crafty Gal said...

Melissa, when I see you today and smack you, this is why! ROFL

Tonya, I love your card!!! It's soo adorable!!!

gqzmommy said...

1/2 way done...Karie, give her a smack for me :D Just kidding, you know I love ya!

I'm pretty proud of myself for having one present purchased and some cards done. We move too often to buy much present wise...if I have to pack it up too far in advance I might not remember I bought it and packed it away.