Saturday, March 15, 2008

Technique Tuesday Textiles


I've been trying to put a layout together for GQ's scrapbook of each set of grandparents and great-grandparents. Since my FIL always seems to be taking the pictures when we're together it's hard to get a good shot of FIL & MIL together. But I got one! We took a trip down to Spartanburg and Greenville, SC and after we finished eating lunch I remembered to take a picture of them for this page. Yeah, me!


Technique Tuesday was giving away free textiles to try on paper crafts. I signed up and even though I was late on the sign up, they were nice enough to send me some anyway. Isn't that great? I was so excited when they came in the mail, just in time to do the grandparent's layout. And I found a way to use them on the layout that worked perfectly with this page. They are basically a blank slate, you can do anything with them. I used a sketch that was posted on Pencil Lines to start with. (I sometimes have trouble finding inspiration on one picture sketches and found some great inspiration on Pencil Lines.) After I added my basics...photo, some accent pieces of paper I was ready to embellish. I have a great stamp from Hero Arts that I haven't used in a while and thought would be perfect on this layout. I stamped my big flower on the textiles after stamping off once so the image wasn't too strong. Then I inked around the entire textile to give it more depth. After adhereing to my layout I added some buttons for the center flower and stitched some stems with embroidery floss. The layout still needed something...so lastly, I stamped flowers down the left side of the page to help balance it out. I did this by stamping off once or twice before doing my final image to give it a worn or aged feel. I really love how this layout turned out and I'm very proud of it.


Big thanks to Technique Tuesday for letting me sample your textiles and see how creative I can really be!

3 comments:

Jenny O. said...

That is simply amazing. I know you must get tired of my constant amazement at your work but REALLY, your talent blows me away. And the fact that you have the time to do such things, even with little GQ running around, is all the more, well...AMAZING!

Stockpiling Mom said...

I love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 Crafty Gal said...

This is a beautiful page Tonya!