Sunday, March 9, 2008

A sketch by Amy Rysavy - AMYRS18


I love to look at Amy Rysavy's blog, Prairie Paper & Ink. She has awesome cards and sketches. ( the way she can color an image is amazing! ) I've always been too shy to make a card and post the link on her blog, because I don't feel like my stuff is up to par with all the talented people whose blogs I look at. But this week, I decided to give it a whirl.


I used one of my Bella images and some Stampin' Up patterned-paper and cardstock. I changed up the sketch a little bit for my card, because after I started stringing the beads on the wire and the kiddo started helping I had beads going every which way but on the wire! And I was making six of these cards, so it started to become a bit time consuming. In addition to the beads I did some paper piecing w/the apron. And added Stickles to the cake and a little diamond glaze to the boots to make them patent leather looking...didn't turn out quite as I had planned but I liked the end result.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this! The yellow is awesome. :)

Anonymous said...

Fun card!! I love the background paper and your techniques with the Stickles and glaze.

Stockpiling Mom said...

I love it! A card with beads :-)

1 Crafty Gal said...

STUNNING! I love the colors of this card! It's perfect! YOU ROCK!

OMG!!! And thank you so much for the new baby card! Simply adorable! UPLOAD it! I love it. I still have to scan all of the cards I got. Still trying to recover first. SORRY so late!